Fashion Buying & Merchandising: Luxury Brands (Online Short Course)
Have you always been interested in pursuing a career within Luxury fashion? This online course will immerse you in the world of luxury fashion and what it means to be a the luxury Buying and Merchandising team; planning, strategizing and selecting luxury product. With a focus on branded buying, you will learn how planning differs between a multi-brand department store and small luxury boutique. You will also touch on the inner workings of a luxury brand and how the Buying and Merchandising role differs here. Through the use of up-to-date case studies, lectures and workshops this course will explore the more complex aspects of planning for a luxury fashion department and the concept of luxury as a whole.
- The role of the luxury fashion planner
- Luxury brands
- Luxury retailers
- Understanding your customer
- Trend research
- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) preparation
- Planning; research methods, sales analysis and creating budgets
- Buying; applying budgets, product selection and range planning
- Trading; OTB (Open to Buy)
- Emerging markets and new technology
By the end of this course you will have;
- Developed an understanding of the luxury fashion market, and how it differs from high-street fashion
- Covered the roles luxury fashion buying and merchandising teams and how they contribute to a successful fashion business
- Received tips on becoming a successful luxury fashion buyer or merchandiser from an industry expert
- A good awareness of the luxury fashion customer and their expectations
- Practiced identifying fashion trends in the luxury space
- Practiced assembling your own range and received feedback on your work from the tutor
Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals with prior knowledge of buying and merchandising, who want to learn more about the exciting area of the fashion industry: luxury fashion. This course is a must-have if you are planning a career as a luxury fashion buyer or merchandiser
The projects you'll be asked to undertake involve mathematical formulae therefore it's essential you have an understanding of maths to GCSE level C or equivalent. You will also need some prior knowledge of buying and merchandising, ideally within the fashion industry. If you are completely new to the area you may want to consider our Fashion Buying and Merchandising online course.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Eddie is a highly successful and respected fashion accessories buying manager with a wealth of experience in buying and merchandising for branded luxury for multi brand department stores, premium and luxury brands as well as premium own label brands.
Experienced in creating destination retail concepts for example strategically taking House of Fraser accessories from a high street own label offer to one of the largest premium and luxury offers within the UK. Eddie has built successful working relationships with numerous luxury brands including Hermes, Cartier, Gucci, Prada, YSL, Chloe, Givenchy, Mulberry, Anya Hindmarch, Paul Smith Michael Kors, to name a few. Working with these brands on both an own bought, concession and branded shopfit basis.
As well as teaching Eddie works with various international fashion brands and retailers on a consultancy basis.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need:
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).