Buying and Merchandising for Online Retail (Online Short Course)
Today ecommerce is an integral part of almost every fashion business, from small high street brands through to global luxury retailers. Within the UK alone online sales in 2018 are set to hit 18% of all retail sales, that’s an estimated market of over £80 billion - and the exciting thing? It’s only going to keep growing….
On this course you will be immersed in the world of buying for ecommerce, gaining a unique insight into the business of retailing online and a practical knowledge of industry-insider practices.
You will learn how to plan, buy and trade for an online retailer along with discussing exciting case studies and new technologies, gaining skills vital for any fashion buyer wishing to progress in a modern day fashion business.
- Ecommerce; a business model.
- The online customer.
- Planning, managing and driving growth online.
- Buying for ecommerce; sourcing, range planning and brand mixes.
- The importance of styling and photography.
- Deliveries, trading and analysis.
- Managing a global market; pricing and exchange rates.
- Ecommerce vs Bricks & Mortar.
- Digital marketing - newsletters, videos and social media.
- New technologies; how does the future look?.
By the end of this course you will understand;
- The skills and techniques used in buying fashion for ecommence.
- How to conduct customer and brand research.
- The techniques of planning and merchandising for an online retailer.
- Trading the product online, from styling techniques through to managing exchange rates.
- How to appeal to the global customer and keep them coming back for more!
Who is Buying and Merchandising for Online Retail (Online Short Course) for?
This course is perfect for anyone looking to pursue a career in fashion Buying or Merchandising, particularly within the e-commerce sector. It’s also a great course for anyone interested in developing their fashion business skills, or simply if you have an interest in the world of online retail.
Level: Intermediate (suggested for students who have completed Fashion Buying and Merchandising.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Please note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you
- have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla
- Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).