Buying and Merchandising for Handbags and Accessories (Online Short Course)
Handbags, the ultimate accessory. From high street to luxury this specialised course will immerse you in the world of buying and merchandising for handbags and accessories.
Focusing on key accessories product categories such as handbags, fine and fashion jewellery and sunglasses, you’ll gain a complete understanding of buying and merchandising for this high profile, high profit product category.
Covering everything from the shapes, brands and trends through to the specific merchandising skills and techniques required, lead by an industry expert.
- The importance of accessories to a fashion business.
- The brands, from high street to luxury.
- The accessories customer.
- Buying for branded.
- Buying for private label (product development).
- The range planning process.
- Styling, photography and visual merchandising.
- Analysis and forecasting for accessories.
- Budgets (OTB) and trading.
By the end of this course you will understand;
- The key brands and product types within the accessories department.
- How to conduct customer and trend research.
- The skills and techniques used for buying handbags and accessories.
- How to use analysis to plan and trade an accessories department.
- How the world of accessories and works, from an industry insider.
Who is Buying and Merchandising for Handbags and Accessories (Online Short Course) for?
This course is perfect for anyone who is interested in pursuing, or already started on, a career in buying or merchandising for handbags and accessories. The course is also suitable for anyone interested in learning more about buying and merchandising skills and techniques, or simply with a love of handbags!
Level: Intermediate (suggested for students who have completed Fashion Buying and Merchandising).
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Rosie Croft has over 10 years of buying and merchandising experience, working across the luxury, contemporary and high-street sectors. She started her career in merchandising, working for renowned department store Selfridges before moving to Shoreditch-based luxury boutique, START. Following on from START Boutique Rosie moved into buying, working at House of Fraser first as RTW high-street Buyer before being promoted to Senior Buyer on Handbags. Most recently Rosie has worked at luxury online retailer Mytheresa as Senior Buyer.
The breadth of Rosie's experience, from multi-brand department store to online retailer, gives her a wealth of knowledge across the fashion buying and merchandising sectors, making her a leading lecturer in the field.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you
- have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla
- Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).