Buying and Merchandising for Accessories (Online Short Course)
Handbags, the ultimate accessory. From high street to luxury this specialised course will immerse you in the world of buying and merchandising for handbags and accessories.
Focusing on key accessories product categories such as handbags, fine and fashion jewellery and sunglasses, you’ll gain a complete understanding of buying and merchandising for this high profile, high profit product category.
Covering everything from the shapes, brands and trends through to the specific merchandising skills and techniques required, lead by an industry expert.
- The importance of accessories to a fashion business.
- The brands, from high street to luxury.
- The accessories customer.
- Buying for branded.
- Buying for private label (product development).
- The range planning process.
- Styling, photography and visual merchandising.
- Analysis and forecasting for accessories.
- Budgets (OTB) and trading.
By the end of this course you will understand;
- The key brands and product types within the accessories department.
- How to conduct customer and trend research.
- The skills and techniques used for buying handbags and accessories.
- How to use analysis to plan and trade an accessories department.
- How the world of accessories and works, from an industry insider.
Who is Buying and Merchandising and Accessories (Online Short Course) for?
This course is perfect for anyone who is interested in pursuing, or already started on, a career in buying or merchandising for handbags and accessories. The course is also suitable for anyone interested in learning more about buying and merchandising skills and techniques, or simply with a love of handbags!
Level: Intermediate (suggested for students who have completed Fashion Buying and Merchandising).
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Online courses are not available to book on the day they start.
Eddie is a highly successful and respected fashion accessories buying manager with a wealth of experience in buying and merchandising for branded luxury for multi brand department stores, premium and luxury brands as well as premium own label brands.
Experienced in creating destination retail concepts for example strategically taking House of Fraser accessories from a high street own label offer to one of the largest premium and luxury offers within the UK. Eddie has built successful working relationships with numerous luxury brands including Hermes, Cartier, Gucci, Prada, YSL, Chloe, Givenchy, Mulberry, Anya Hindmarch, Paul Smith Michael Kors, to name a few. Working with these brands on both an own bought, concession and branded shopfit basis.
As well as teaching Eddie works with various international fashion brands and retailers on a consultancy basis.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you
- have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla
- Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).