Strategic Thinking For 16 to 18 Year Olds
An introduction to the conceptual skills you will need to give you the advantage.
This lively, fast moving course moves away from the more structured school curriculum.
You will be encouraged to:
• Ask a lot of questions
• See Critical Thinking as a culture, rather than just an activity
• Work on a number of problem solving briefs within a group structure
• Engage in live and dynamic research
• Identify target audiences and learn strategies to communicate with them
• Learn the importance of role-playing to stretch your analytical and creative mind
• Apply Strategic Thinking to a wide field of disciplines
• Think in a less formulaic and more anarchic way
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is suitable if you are considering any course in art or design at university level.
What will you take from the course?
A fresh and enlightened approach to Critical and Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving and the basic understanding of the application of these essential skills in real life.
Entry requirements: You must be at least 16 and no older than 18 years old.
• Strategic and Critical Thinking
• Problem solving both conceptual and visual
• Role play and its importance fro creative imagination
• Marketing Strategy and Target Markets
• How to work in groups
Course level Beginners
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Zelda Malan has worked in the advertising industry for many years. She is a senior lecturer on the BA Graphic Design Course at Kingston University, the No. 1 course for Graphic Design in the UK, where she teaches, and delivers lectures on idea generation, advertising and graphic design.
You can find more about Zelda in the It's Nice That article, "Zelda Malan on the importance of teaching ideas to design students".
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A3 layout pad
- Black marker pen
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.