Graphic Design Screen Printing for 16 to 18 Year Olds
Situated in the Kings Cross Printmaking studio this course is designed to open up young students expectations & experience of screen printing within graphic design. In this fun, fast paced course, as a predominately analogue process, students will explore the fundamentals of screen printing as a process, through the play of type and image design, colour & colour overlay - essential graphic visual language.
If you want to find out more info on the printmaking facilities used by this course, please click here
- Process led visual experimentation from creative thinking through practical application
- Engaging with key formal elements of text and image, dynamic composition, colour & colour overlay
Who should take this course?
Ideal for teenagers who are beginners to intermediate experience. Great as a taster of the subject or for portfolio content for foundation/university applications.
- Learning practical techniques to a high standard
- How to approach and engage with screen printing as a creative tool
- How to explore and expand upon a brief through physical & practical engagement with ideas
- How to visualise and expand upon ideas practically
Entry requirements: None
Level: All Levels
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old
Wendy Chapple is a professional printmaker and has taught at both London College of Communication and Central Saint Martins on the Graphic Design degree programmes since 2001.
Please bring with you to the first class:
selection of A2 smooth paper (colour and white)
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.