Graphic Design for 14 to 17 Year Olds (Online Short Course)
Graphic Design for 14 - 17 year olds will explore the world of visual communication as you unravel the possibilities of graphic design. You'll leave with a body of design work and new-found skills that can be put towards building a design portfolio.
Through a series of fun and engaging workshops, you will experiment with a range of hands on materials and processes.
You will develop your drawing, push your printmaking, tinker with your typography and focus on your photography. With this array of materials, you will let your imagination run free and find new ways of expressing and communicating your ideas.
We'll encourage you to develop your ideas through brainstorming and visual research, to feed your inspiration.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with expert tutors
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- Access to VLE with course content
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- Identity; collage
- Letter form generation
- Magazine layout, editorial
- Poster design, editing
- Redesign, rebranding, marketing
- Reconceptualisation, advertising; mixed media
- Guerrilla advertising / viral campaigns
You'll leave with a small body of work and a broader understanding of the possibilities offered by working in the area of graphic design. You will have gained skills that can be used in building a future portfolio.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at anyone aged 14 - 17 years with an interest in art and design, keen to explore the possibilities of working as a graphic designer. Students may wish to progress onto Digital Design Short Course for Teenagers.
Please note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
An Art Director and Project Manager working in design, music, fashion and publishing; Andrew has over 20 years of creative experience. Alongside his freelance commissions Andrew is a visiting tutor for Graphic Design Communication short courses at UAL Chelsea College of Arts.
Specialising in taking creative projects through full life cycles of production - from concept to completion; Andrew’s freelance clients include: New Balance Numeric, Somerset House, DC Shoes, Booth Clibborn Editions, Silas & Maria, MoWax, Polygram & XL Recordings.
Online short course materials:
- A big pile of old magazines or newspapers that are not precious and can be cut up!
- A sheet of A3 paper
- Some coloured A4 paper (if you have it)
- Scissors or a craft knife (with cutting mat)
- Some coloured pens / pencils (you can also use paint or charcoal if you like)
- A glue stick.
Prior to the start of your course, please ensure you have:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net