Coding for Graphic Designers
Coding is an essential skill for graphic designers working in today's tech world. Clients are increasingly focusing on improving their branding and customer experience online and are looking to graphic designers to provide digital campaigns to communicate their services and products. This course will give you an introduction to coding that will help you provide innovative design solutions for your clients and open your mind to a new realm of creative freedom
This practical course will cover key topics that will explore the creative potential and limitations of HTML. You will look at the fundamentals of code whilst exploring the design possibilities that will enhance websites, emails and ecommerce banners to become more functional and responsive.
By the end of the course you will have a broader and deeper view of the design process and be able to participate in the whole spectrum of modern product campaigns that will give you more artistic control over your creations.
- HTML and CSS basis
- How to code simple animated banners
- Landing pages and single sites
- Knowing the code of your emails
- Debug and hack styles of your website (wordpress, cargo, squarespace)
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Design HTML emails and banners for personal projects to professional sites
- Communicate effectively with web developers and other agents to produce excellent websites
- Feed in the creative process of the design lifecycle for commercial and non-commercial websites
- Develop simple landing pages using bootstrap
Who should attend the course
This course is perfect for graphic designers who want to develop simple design solutions, or who are working with developers on larger projects with a team of developers.
Beginners. You should have some previous graphic design experience but no experience of coding.
Follow up courses
After you have completed this course you may be interested in Responsive Web Design for Mobiles and Tablets.
We also offer bespoke HTML and CSS coding courses for groups, individuals and businesses working in graphic design. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.