Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (Online Short Course)
Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a comprehensive and hands-on course which will introduce you to digital design in the shape of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. You will also discover how seamlessly the 3 programmes can work together.
You'll gain an appreciation of bitmap and vector graphics too, and learn when it's best to use the different image file formats. We will also give you some tips on using basic keyboard shortcuts to improve workflow.
You will explore a variety of processes including design and layout, workspaces, tools and palettes, importing files and saving files for onscreen and print output.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- Understanding the rudiments of design and layout
- Looking at the difference between bitmap and vector graphics
- Understanding the range of image file formats
- Setting up and working with a multi-paged InDesign document
- Exploring Illustrator and Photoshop workspaces, tools and palettes
- Using InDesign to import/lay out text and images (created in Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Saving files for onscreen and/or print output
By the end of the course, you'll understand design principles, the dynamics of composition and colour, and the technical issues surrounding print and web distribution.
Who should attend
Anyone looking for a sound introduction to the capabilities of 3 leading industry-standard software programmes; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. You could be a digital design student, home user or a digital design professional. Please be advised that this is an intensive course and you will need to be confident using a computer and working with new software interfaces.
Please note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
work-form are a London-based graphic design studio run by Charlie Abbott, Jake Hopwood & Alex Hough. Established in 2012, we design books, websites and identities for Artists, Musicians, Cultural Organisations and small companies. Alongside our practice we act as Project Managers for Camberwell Press, a publishing, research and design organisation. We teach the 1st Year of the BA Graphic Design course at Camberwell College of Arts, as well as running projects and workshops across a range of universities and courses.
Take a look at work-form's website
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine).
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- Paper and Pen
- Please be advised that this course will be taught using the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you do not already have Adobe Creative Cloud, please sign up for a free 7 day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. For courses longer than 7 days a monthly subscription of £16.24/month is available.