Introductory Adobe Photoshop And Illustrator Short Course
An introductory level course for beginners and anyone wishing to use image making/ manipulation software. Students will work with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. You will develop your understanding of this software to a good working standard. The course is designed for those who have a little or no knowledge of this software but need it for work or general interest. You will work with your own images and the course will take into account the specific needs and interests of those taking it.
The course is taught on Apple Mac computers.
All students should plan on attending the first session because the material covered is essential to the rest of the course. Students that do not attend the first session will find it difficult to catch up.
There are a maximum of eight students enrolled on each session to ensure that you get plenty of one-to-one tuition from your tutor and the class can work at a speed to suit the whole group.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Gwendi Klisa is an award winning graphic designer and illustrator based in central London. Her work has been exhibited both in the UK and internationally and she has several years of commercial experience in communication design. She is specialised in digital design but her practice often crosses over into traditional printmaking techniques.www.klisas.com
Please bring to the first session:
- Images to scan, either drawings or non digital (e.g. old photos), this is important as everyone will be expected to make a scan using the flatbed scanner during the first session.
- You will also need a usb stick and from session two you can bring your own digital photos
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’