Essential Adobe Photoshop Weekend
This is a beginner course for those who don’t have the time to do the week long max Photoshop course and who do not need to know all that the software can cover. In two days, we will practically cover the basics of working with Photoshop.
This course covers:
- Working with painting tools, including how to work with layers
- An introduction to compositing and creating photo montages
- Basics of selections via the selections tools
- Basics of colour corrections and how to retouch and correct images
- How to prepare images for the web
- The differences between resolutions for print and screen
- How to print out and get predictable results
Course level Beginners
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone who is interested in learning the absolute essentials of this powerful software
What will I take away from the course?
Digital knowledge of Photoshop
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Suky Best is a fine artist who works with print, video and animation. She uses digital technology to extend and develop her work. She works freelance in the print industry and has a wide knowledge of software and its industrial application. For examples of her artistic practice, www.sukybest.com
Please bring with you to the first session
- Note pad and note taking equipment
- USB or digital storage device
*Please note that all images will be supplied for students to work on
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.