Essential Adobe Illustrator Weekend
An essential course for anyone needing a quick introduction to Adobe Illustrator. Illustrator is a large and powerful software, it has a wide variety of industrial applications from logo and packaging design to fashion/ textile design and even cartography. This two day course is a brief introduction to the tools that are essential for using this software. In this intense two day course the main tools and principles will be taught and students will be able to use the software to make vector artwork, illustrations and logos. This course can be seen as stand alone course or as an introduction to the weeklong Maximum Illustrator course.
There are a maximum of eight students enrolled on each session to ensure that you get plenty of one-to-one tuition from your tutor and the class can work at a speed to suit the whole group.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Suky Best is a fine artist who works with print, video and animation. She uses digital technology to extend and develop her work. She works freelance in the print industry and has a wide knowledge of software and its industrial application. For examples of her artistic practice, www.sukybest.com
Please bring to the first session:
- A usb stick
- Ideas of things you might want to make using illustrator
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’