Computer Graphics For Beginners
An introduction for anyone wishing to use Apple Mac computers for creative work. Students will work with InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Beginners will be welcomed and computer-phobics given help and understanding. The course is designed for those who may be getting an Apple Mac at their workplace or who may already be using one but have no time to experiment with the capabilities of the machine. Each student will have continuous and personal use of a Mac.
There are a maximum of eight students enrolled on each session to ensure that you get plenty of one-to-one tuition from your tutor and the class can work at a speed to suit the whole group.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Suky Best is a fine artist who works with print, video and animation. She uses digital technology to extend and develop her work. She works freelance in the print industry and has a wide knowledge of software and its industrial application. For examples of her artistic practice, www.sukybest.com
Lucy Newman has worked extensively in the design industry, in TV, feature film titles, animation, heritage (British Museum) and corporate communications on a wide variety of creative projects. She has taught many short courses in London art colleges. (RCA, CSM, Chelsea, London Met). Lucy Newman (MARCA) began her creative career at Chelsea and RCA in Fine Art.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- digital photos, old photos or drawings
- USB stick
- a notebook
- a pen
- an open mind and a positive attitude!
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’