Advanced Retouching With Adobe Photoshop Weekend
An advanced course on retouching techniques from seamlessly repairing vintage images to commercial retouching and compositing.
This course is for those who already use Photoshop and would like to learn advanced professional techniques. All work will be done via the powerful layer /adjustment layer/ smart layer/masking functions.
Emphasis will be on using masks and advanced compositing techniques to retouch and repair damaged photos, or seamlessly perfect images from studio sessions.
Many of the usual retouching tools will be used but in conjunction with layers, overlay modes and other techniques.
There are a maximum of eight students enrolled on each session to ensure that you get plenty of one-to-one tuition from your tutor and the class can work at a speed to suit the whole group.
Level: This is not a beginners course. You must have the requirements below.
- You need to have experience of working with Photoshop.
- You need to have a familiarity with Photoshop terminology, and know what a layer is as well as an understanding of the importance of resolution in order to take part in the course.
- You will be asked to bring your own high-resolution files and old/antique photos to scan and work from.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Suky Best is a fine artist who works with print, video and animation. She uses digital technology to extend and develop her work. She works freelance in the print industry and has a wide knowledge of software and its industrial application. For examples of her artistic practice, www.sukybest.com
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A notebook
- A pen
- High resolution images to work with and old/antique photos to scan and work from
- A USB stick
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’