Adobe Photoshop: Image Creation Techniques
Photoshop is widely regarded as the leading digital image editing application for photographers and image-makers. Whether you are a student, home user, or enthusiast, this three day hands-on course will introduce and demystify fundamental Photoshop tools, techniques and terminology.
- Fundamentals of bitmap image and resolution
- Setting up a document and workspace
- Navigating the work area
- Working with layers (layer styles and quick masks)
- Creating text
- Vector paths
- Basic image manipulation
- Corrections and transformations
- Bitmap image and resolution
- Histograms and how to read them
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Manipulate and edit images using a variety of Photoshop features
- Select the most appropriate Photoshop tools and techniques for your projects
- Work confidently with layer styles, and quick masks, creating text and vector paths
- View your own montage of images created during the course onscreen or in print
Who Should Attend
This course is perfect for you if you work in marketing or communications role or are looking for proficiency in this Adobe platform
Beginner: You do not need any prior knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. Familiarity with using a Mac is useful but not essential.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to try your hand at different Adobe software such as Adobe InDesign: Beginners.
We also offer bespoke Adobe courses and animation courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page or view Gardiner & Theobald, UK: Digital Adobe Training case study.
We offer a wide range of Adobe courses for Adobe Creative Suite - find out more on our Digital Skills page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.