Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign Online Short Course
Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a comprehensive and hands-on course which will introduce you to digital design in the shape of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. You will also discover how seamlessly the 3 programmes can work together.
You'll gain an appreciation of bitmap and vector graphics too, and learn when it's best to use the different image file formats. We will also give you some tips on using basic keyboard shortcuts to improve workflow.
You will explore a variety of processes including design and layout, workspaces, tools and palettes, importing files and saving files for onscreen and print output.
By the end of the course, you'll understand design principles, the dynamics of composition and colour, and the technical issues surrounding print and web distribution.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine).
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
- Paper and Pen
Please be advised that this course will be taught using the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you do not already have Adobe Creative Cloud, please sign up for a free 7 day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. For courses longer than 7 days a monthly subscription of £16.24/month is available.
- Understanding the rudiments of design and layout
- Looking at the difference between bitmap and vector graphics
- Understanding the range of image file formats
- Setting up and working with a multi-paged InDesign document
- Exploring Illustrator and Photoshop workspaces, tools and palettes
- Using InDesign to import/lay out text and images (created in Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Saving files for onscreen and/or print output
Meet the Tutor:
Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a hands on course introducing you to digital design using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. You will also discover how seamlessly the 3 programmes can work together.