Adobe Indesign - Beginners Online Short Course
Adobe InDesign is a widely used application for designing page layouts for print or screens to a professional standard. This practical, two-day course will teach you the techniques professionals use to create spectacular publications through a series of demonstrations and exercises.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Construct simple advertisements
- Layout a multi column page
- Identify and place correct image file formats
- Apply text formatting and create save and apply a paragraph style
- Wrap text around an object
- Export a PDF for print
- Package work for archiving and future use
Who Should Attend
Anyone looking to learn desktop publishing with Adobe InDesign.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- Notebook and pen
- Resizing and placing images
- Paragraph and type
- Text editing
- Preparing documents for output as PDF or print
Meet the Tutor:
Our Adobe InDesign - Beginners Short Course is designed to teach you the essentials of page design and layout software. Learn to create simple advertisements, formatting and packaging creative work for future use.