Adobe Illustrator Workshop
Adobe Illustrator is a program that is used for a large variety of purposes from illustration, crating logos, to textile and packaging designs and cartography etc. It also works well in conjunction with other adobe applications. This course will help you to learn and make best use of the software whatever the final output might be. Starting with the basics, this course runs through as much of the software as possible, dictated by your own experience and needs. You are encouraged to bring with you your own images and material to work and experiment with. Structured learning will be combined with your own ideas for project work, allowing you to explore your own creative ways of using the program. The tutor has expertise in web, video and print outputs. This course is suitable for beginners, and will use the latest version of the software. You will also be taken through certain elements of working with the program across other software packages such as Indesign and Photoshop.
All students should plan on attending the first session because the material covered is essential to the rest of the course. Students that do not attend the first session will find it difficult to catch up.
There are a maximum of eight students enrolled on each session to ensure that you get plenty of one-to-one tuition from your tutor and the class can work at a speed to suit the whole group.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Suky Best is a fine artist who works with print, video and animation. She uses digital technology to extend and develop her work. She works freelance in the print industry and has a wide knowledge of software and its industrial application. For examples of her artistic practice, www.sukybest.com
Please bring with you to the first session:
- ideas and sketches of what they might be hoping to achieve using illustrator
- a notepad
- a usb stick to save work
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.