Adobe Illustrator: Intermediate
This course will teach you the advanced functionality of Adobe Illustrator that will allow you to make the most of the software to meet your creative potential and bring your ideas to life.
Taught through a series of tutor demonstrations and exercises, this course is ideal for you if you already have some prior experience of using the software, but want to get the most out of your package
- Custom shapes
- Compound paths
- Shape builder tool gradients
- Compound strokes and fill effects
- Examining the pattern mode
- The perspective grid
- Understanding layers and grouping
- Expanding appearances in image trace
- Creating masks
- Isolation mode
- Text-threading text boxes
- Text styles
- Text wrap and options
- Exporting and printing artboards
- Gradient mesh tool
- Creative cloud options
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Create complex and professional gradients
- Trace bitmap images and manipulate these in Illustrator
- Add text to images for integrated design
- Create 3D images - ideal for package design and architectural imaging
Who Should Attend
This course is for artists and designers wishing to expand their application of Illustrator. The course builds on previous knowledge to provide students with a thorough knowledge of the programme.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to continue your Adobe education with Adobe After Effects and Animation: Beginners.
We also offer bespoke Adobe courses and animation courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page or view Gardiner & Theobald, UK: Digital Adobe Training case study.
We offer a wide range of Adobe courses for Adobe Creative Suite - find out more on our Digital Skills page.
Online short courses
Did you know we offer a similar course online? UAL online short courses are designed to help creative people master new challenges, develop their skills, get inspired by new ideas and access the UAL learning experience without having to travel to a campus for class.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.