Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
Nurture your creativity in our three-day Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign short course. Explore the foundations of Abode Creative Cloud and the best applications for the specific software to enhance your designs. During the course, we will look at the Adobe Creative Cloud and how we can use libraries to access saved designs and colour schemes across the Adobe Creative Cloud range.
Day OnePhotoshop overview: Understand layers and how they are combined in the final output. We will look at how to use colour profiles. Understand the use of non-destructive editing. Examine output options for web and print.
Day TwoIllustrator overview: Look at the use of Vector imaging and their application. We will look at Paths and Fills and how these are used in Vector imaging. We will examine the use of Text in Illustrator and how this can be used in the design of a business card. We will look at image trace and how this can be used to convert a bitmap image into a vector format.
InDesign overview: We will look at the application of InDesign and the application for a multi-page document. We will look at how we can use InDesign to incorporate Bitmap and Vector images. We will examine the use of InDesign to produce hard and soft copy outputs for the publication of multi-page documents.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Bitmap application for digital imaging
- Colour adjustment
- Photographic manipulation
- Digital Painting
- Adobe Illustrator
- Vector digital imaging
- Application for creating logos and text
- Adobe InDesign
- Multi page documents
- Vector and bitmap imaging
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Cross program application
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the use of different Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Learn how these programs can be used to help in the development of your creative projects.
- Use the Adobe Creative Cloud libraries to access colours and design across the whole of the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for students interested in learning the fundamental tools to use Adobe Creatives Cloud. This is an introduction to the topic and aimed at students with little knowledge of the programs concerned. A student with knowledge of one of the programs would also benefit, as the course is designed to examine a broad overview of all the programs and how these may be efficiently applied to their creative projects.
Follow up courses
After you have completed this course you may want to continue your Adobe education with Adobe InDesign: Intermediate.
Alternative Study Options
- We offer an Online Course that covers similar topics: Digital Illustration Techniques (Online).
- We also offer bespoke courses for groups and businesses. To find out what we can offer, please complete a Customised Training Enquiry form.
Robert Aldous trained at Ravensbourne College of Art where he qualified with a degree in Fine Art. He has a Masters Degree in Creative Entrepreneurship from the University of East Anglia. He is an experienced teacher and trainer with a PGCE from Goldsmiths and a cert Ed in Education.
Robert is an accomplished fine artist and has an extensive exhibiting portfolio; often using the combination of text and images. He works as a painter and poet often using installations to create works that make use of the exhibited environment.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.