Adobe Creative Cloud - Design Essentials
Adobe Creative Cloud - Design Essentials will get you up to speed quickly and easily with some of the essential components of the Adobe Creative Cloud for Graphic Design. This one week course will focus primarily on Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign looking at essentials of each and how best to work across the software packages. Students will also take a look at other Creative Cloud tools and software including Dreamweaver and Bridge.
This is an introductory level course which will use real-world techniques and examples. No prior knowledge of the software is needed, however the course is intense in nature and students should be comfortable using a Mac computer.
Photoshop Topics include:
- Cropping, perspective, and straightening images
- Working with Layers
- Using Layer Masks
- How to make selections and masks quickly
- Techniques for combining multiple images
- Retouching essentials, such as blemish removal
- Colour correcting images
- Using the blend modes
- Understanding layer effects and styles
- Creating contact sheets and web photo galleries
- Saving for web
- Illustrator Topics include:
- Setting up a new documents for screen and print
- Using rules, guides, and grids
- Making detailed selections
- Drawing and editing paths with the Pen and Pencil tools
- Creating compound vector shapes
- Creating colour swatches
- Transforming artwork
- Photoshop > Illustrator > InDesign workflow
- Working with Live Trace
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork<
- Navigating and customising the workspace
- Managing documents and pages
- Working with master pages and spreads
- Overriding master page items
- Text on a paths
- Threading text frames
- Working with images
- Applying strokes, fills, and other formatting effects
- Formatting type with character and paragraph styles
- Packaging, printing, and exporting.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Chris Jones works across web and print design working predominantly within the arts sector. He is a visiting lecturer at the Royal College of Art, and was an Associate Lecturer at Central Saint Martins in the School of Graphic and Industrial Design for over 12 years.
Please bring to the first session:
Notepad and pen.
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.