Branding - Design Your Identity
A strong brand identity has a huge impact on a business. Learn how to create a successful brand identity that will communicate your offer clearly to your customers and differentiate you from your competitors. Whether you're creating your own identity or launching a new product or service, this practice-based beginners course will guide you through the creative process utilising the Mac. At the end of the course you will apply your brand identity over a chosen form of print or screen based media.
- The course explores the key aspects of designing a brand identity for personal or commercial use.
- Researching your competitors will help you define your offer and clarify your communication before embarking on the creative process.
- Initial concepts will explore the use of type, form and colour over a range of ideas on the Mac.
- Editing and development of your selected idea will enable you to fine-tune all elements of your brand identity.
- Final application will involve the visualisation of your brand identity across relevant forms of media.
Short subject related lectures will explore branding from a historical and contemporary perspective thereby contextualising the sessions.
Working individually and in small groups will encourage a supportive environment whilst providing the opportunity for tutor/peer discussion and review.
Who should take this course?
This introductory course suits students who wish to understand the process of designing a brand identity through practical Mac based sessions.
Entry requirements: Basic Mac skills and working knowledge of either Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign are essential.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Lisa Gellender has run a successful independent design studio in London for over 20 years working with leading fashion and retail brands such as Selfridges, New Look & L'Oreal. Offering a bespoke design service, Gellender creative helps clients develop or refresh their brands identity, producing unique and relevant creative solutions for print and web. Lisa is also an Associate Lecturer at the London College of Fashion. www.gellender.co.uk
Please bring to the first session:
- A4 pad.