Interior Design Trend Forecasting Online Short Course
Join this interior trend forecasting short course and gain the practical skills and knowledge to incorporate trends into new interior spaces. You will develop an awareness of past and current home interior trends and learn how to anticipate and track emerging trends in the interior design space.
You will learn about the different factors that drive new trends, from materials and manufacturing processes, to popular culture and political influences. You will also be introduced to how social media shapes home fashion trends, how to apply trends to interiors, interior colour trends and timeless design. There will be an emphasis on home design trends and interior styling and you will be encouraged to create moodboards and concept boards to showcase certain trends.
Through weekly online classes you will gain insight into how interior designers source and predict trends. You will be set weekly research tasks, such as creating moodboards, looking at store layouts and creating trend timelines.
On this course you will learn how trends can be useful for a professional interior designer. If you would like to learn how to be ahead of the trends then this course is for you. Interior trend forecasting could be a step on your way to a career in design, interior styling, trend forecasting or an overlap of all three.
Who is Interior Design Trend Forecasting (Online Short Course) for?
This course is for anyone with an interest in interior design who would like to know more about how to predict and react to interior trends. You may go on to study design in more detail or set up your own interior design or trend forecasting business.
By the end of the course you will have;
- Established key places to look to spot emerging interior design trends
- Created moodboards, concept boards and trend timelines
- Explored how trends are created and shaped
- Learnt methods to incorporate trends into your own designs
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Webcam A strong internet connection; we recommend using WiFi or ethernet - 2G, 3G or 4G will most likely not be strong enough
- Access to magazines for sourcing research
- Pen and paper for taking notes
- Identifying trends in interior design past and present - how are they established and what are their significance?
- How fashion in interiors links with trends in fashion
- What types of trends are important to design?
- How trends are useful for interior design
- Moodboards and conceptual planning
- What does the future hold for trends?
- Influencers who shape trends
- How does social media influence trends?
- Trends around the world
- How and how not to apply trends to interiors
- Timeless design
- How to depict trends from locations
- How interior designers source trends
- Current trends to watch out for
- Trend timelines
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course looks at everything you need to know about keeping up-to-date on trends in the interior design world. Learn the ins and outs of interior forecasting from an industry expert. Apply new trends to your own project or business.