Service Prototyping Short Course
In this service prototyping course you will learn when, what for and how to use prototyping in your service design projects, as an iterative approach to service development. Throughout the week, you will be exposed to key questions and perspectives around prototyping, such as fidelity, validity or the role and the voice of participants. Each day you will practice a new set of prototyping and testing techniques in small teams. But most importantly, you will apply them to a practical assignment that will allow you to learn by doing.
Who should take this course?
Service design practitioners who want to discover more about service prototyping beyond digital or beyond service visualization only. Service design commissioners who want to understand better how service concepts are developed before piloting.
Accurate terminology and clear frameworks that will help you structure your prototyping activities in service design projects and communicate with clients and colleagues. Hands-on practice of several prototyping techniques, useful for different purposes.
Entry requirements: Students should have basic service design experience or should have taken this Service Design short course.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- Prototyping cultures and innovation capabilities
- Examining common service prototyping barriers and how to overcome them
- Purpose of prototyping
- Hands-on practice of theatrical prototypes & service walkthroughs
Students can bring: Pen, paper, laptop or tablet.
All other materials will be provided.
Meet the Tutor:
Service prototyping is central to bridge the gap between service concepts and implementation. It is composed of a core set of practices, that focus on learning about future service situations and involving the key stakeholders in iterative service development —from exploring new service concepts to simulating whole service experiences and systems with the aim of testing design hypotheses. All in all, service prototyping is.
- Central Saint Martins
- Telephone +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- Address 1 Granary Square King's Cross London N1C 4AA
college: Central Saint MartinsMake an enquiry
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Central Saint Martins
- Short Courses
- +44 (0)20 7514 7015
- 1 Granary Square
- King's Cross
- N1C 4AA