SEO Online Short Course
Uncover the mystery of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). During this one-day SEO training course you will understand what SEO is, how search engines like Google work, how they read and understand content.
Enrich yourself with a detailed understanding of how Google measures quality and what you need to do to begin building valuable organic website traffic. Learn how to write for the web and track and measure your success. Build authority in your niche, and understand the detailed breakdown of the technical considerations to transform your website
Through a combination of lecture based learning and practical workshop exercises you will gain tools to create your own SEO strategy. Part of the course will also examine industry leading tools and how professionals rise above their competitors.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand how search engines like Google discover, index and rank websites
- Develop and understand content marketing and the relationship between SEO, PR and social media
- Gain knowledge of the tools, resources and techniques used by the professional SEO
Who Should Attend
his course is designed for communications professionals, journalists, business owners and entrepreneurs.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- The SEO basics
- Google Analytics
- Search Console (Webmaster Tools)
- Writing for the web
- Keyword research
- Competitor research checklist
- An introduction to backlinks
- Backlink building and content marketing
- SEO, social media and PR
- YouTube optimisation
Meet the Tutor:
During this one-day SEO short course you will understand what SEO is, how search engines like Google work, how they read and understand content.