Pitching and Producing Online Video Content Online Short Course
Have you ever wondered how Dove #ChooseBeautiful or Nike Women’s #BetterForIt video content have gone viral? This course will show you how to plan and produce videos that will form part of a sharable brand story. By the end of the course you will have a thorough understanding of the tools and assets needed to pitch to a potential client, this includes treatment development, advert and viral video analysis, storyboarding, basic storytelling structures. Through lectures and practical exercises, you will learn about storytelling structures, treatment development and researching your idea, shooting styles, storyboarding/animatics and delivering your final concept and pitch. The course will be useful for filmmakers looking to move into this 'in-demand' area, and account managers or marketing coordinators with responsibility for commissioning online content. It’s also ideal for individuals seeking to promote their own business using online video. By the end of the course you will be ready to approach clients and briefs with well-constructed ideas and proposals and the ability to pitch and present them professionally.
Who Should Attend
Filmmakers looking to move into this 'in-demand' area. Account managers or marketing coordinators with responsibility for commissioning online content. Individuals wanting to promote themselves or a business online using video content.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- Notebook and pen
- Writing and understanding briefs and outlining client needs professionally
- Thinking in budgets. Analysis of current forms of online content
- Basic storytelling techniques and narrative structures
- Presenting your video concept using storyboards, presentations and/or animatics, mood boards and treatments
- Analysis and Feedback delivery
- Networking and your own online presence
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Write and interpret briefs, work with client needs
- Design and deliver a project treatment and budget
- Present your video concepts using tools including storyboards, mood boards PowerPoint and animatics.
- Deliver and respond to feedback
Meet the Tutor:
Pitching and producing online video content short course will give filmmakers and marketeers the knowledge and tools to plan and deliver branded content for website and social media. Covering briefs, treatments and editing.