Creative Copywriting Online Short Course
What makes an effective headline? How should you tailor your copy to different audiences and media? These questions and many others are explored during an informal and lively session which attracts people from a wide range of backgrounds.
The agenda includes practical exercises and discussions which will help build your confidence, whether you're writing copy for websites, social media, email, ads or traditional print. Find out how to add some extra punch and creative flair to your writing, which will help you grab attention and persuade customers.
Please feel free to bring along examples of pieces of copy you've written or work in progress.
Who should attend
Ideal for people who work in marketing, design or corporate communications. You may well write copy yourself or perhaps your role is to make judgements about others' work? Either way, you'll find the session a valuable and practical learning experience.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
You will have learnt how to write effective headlines, tailor copy to different audiences and encourage readers to stick with you. In addition, you will have looked at the challenges presented by a range of media from traditional ads and direct mail through to digital and social media.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Course specific materials
Please source the following materials:
Notebook and Pen
- Fundamental principles of good writing
- Exploring tone of voice.
- Headline writing techniques
- Combining words and images - conceptual thinking
- Structuring longer pieces of copy in print - leaflets and brochures
- News writing - PR, press releases, newsletters
- Writing for the web
- Writing for social media
- Direct communication - mail and email
- Creative challenge
Meet the Tutor:
Creative Copywriting is a 3 day course. You'll learn the tricks of the copywriter's trade and practise your own creative copywriting. Learn to write effective headlines, tailor copy to different audiences and encourage readers to stick with you.