Creative Copywriting Online Short Course
What makes an effective headline? How should you tailor your copy to different audiences and media? These questions and many others are explored during an informal and lively session which attracts people from a wide range of backgrounds.
The agenda includes practical exercises and discussions which will help build your confidence, whether you're writing copy for websites, social media, email, ads or traditional print. Find out how to add some extra punch and creative flair to your writing, which will help you grab attention and persuade customers.
Please feel free to bring along examples of pieces of copy you've written or work in progress.
Who should attend
Ideal for people who work in marketing, design or corporate communications. You may well write copy yourself or perhaps your role is to make judgements about others' work? Either way, you'll find the session a valuable and practical learning experience.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
You will have learnt how to write effective headlines, tailor copy to different audiences and encourage readers to stick with you. In addition, you will have looked at the challenges presented by a range of media from traditional ads and direct mail through to digital and social media.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Course specific materials
Please source the following materials:
Notebook and Pen
- Fundamental principles of good writing
- Exploring tone of voice.
- Headline writing techniques
- Combining words and images - conceptual thinking
- Structuring longer pieces of copy in print - leaflets and brochures
- News writing - PR, press releases, newsletters
- Writing for the web
- Writing for social media
- Direct communication - mail and email
- Creative challenge
Meet the Tutor:
Creative Copywriting is a 3 day course. You'll learn the tricks of the copywriter's trade and practise your own creative copywriting. Learn to write effective headlines, tailor copy to different audiences and encourage readers to stick with you.