Social Media Marketing Intensive (Online Short Course)
This beginners course will teach you how to create a social media strategy to build your business and online marketing campaign. You will learn the tools you need to build a network and run social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other platforms.It will give you an overview of social media's role in driving customer engagement, and its role in optimising Google search rankings (SEO). By taking part in practical exercises you will learn how to establish a clear voice across social media networks and how to get the most from these, with appropriate and engaging content.
PLEASE NOTE: Each course is taught by a single tutor in its entirety. If you are keen to be taught by a particular tutor please contact the Short Courses team.
- An overview of popular social media platforms and best practice
- How to build a sustainable follower base on social media platforms
- Creating a consistent voice across platforms
- Best practice in social media marketing strategies
- Capturing and analysing metrics to segment and target your market
- Measuring a campaign’s return on investment (ROI)
- Overview of online privacy laws and bestpracticefor privacy including data breaches
- Optimising Google search rankings
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Establish a sustainable presence on the social media platforms relevant to your business
- Execute a social media campaign and measure its impact using metrics
- Understand online privacy laws and best practice for social media marketing
Who Should Attend
Anyone responsible for social media marketing who would like to learn how to develop and execute a social media marketing plan. If you already run campaigns using social media, and are not a beginner or looking for a refresher course, you should consider the course Social Media and Analytics: Advanced.
Beginner: You should have a basic understanding of Twitter and Facebook. The course is suitable for those wanting to understand how to use social media for their business needs, beginners or those who need to refresh their knowledge and engagement strategies.
Online Delivery - if this course is taught online, it will be delivered in 2 parts
- 10am – 12.30pm
- 2.30pm – 5pm
Alternative Study Options
- This course is also available as an online course: Social Media Marketing (Online).
- We also offer bespoke social media marketing courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
"Stimulating, thought provoking and very relatable."
"The tutor was fantastic and I was really pleased with the course. The pace of the class was spot on and full of useful information.""I thought the course was really informative and inspiring and covered most of the things I wanted to learn. The tutors were really well versed in their field and I enjoyed hearing about their successes outside of the teaching domain... For a two day short course the level of information was spot on! I would definitely return for another short course."
"The course was extremely interesting and all information taught was extremely relevant. Rosalind was a fantastic teacher!"
Online short courses
Did you know we offer a similar course online? UAL online short courses are designed to help creative people master new challenges, develop their skills, get inspired by new ideas and access the UAL learning experience without having to travel to a campus for class.
Kalina has been working in the creative industry for the past nine years with her practice exploring fields of Creative Direction, Fashion Styling, Photography and Filmmaking.
Having graduated from BA (Hons) Fashion Styling and Photography at London College of Fashion, Kalina went on to assist fashion industry's top Stylists and Creative Directors such as Edward Enninful, Karen Langley, Lucia Liu and Yeyoung Kim to name a few. Kalina then moved on to work as a freelance Creative Director and Fashion Stylist, producing work for multiple magazines and brands.
As the ever-evolving creative industry shifts towards online spaces, so too has Kalina’s practice. Now, predominantly working with photo and video based media, she produces and curates a variety of content that communicates brand narratives and stories across multiple digital channels.
Kalina's list of clients includes The Guardian, Dazed & Confused, i-D Online, Harper's Bazaar China, T Magazine, ASOS Magazine, Southbank Centre, Sadler's Wells Theatre, Universal Music Group, Awful Records, Fendi, Nike, Reebok, River Island, Selfridges and University of the Arts London among others.