Social Media and Analytics: Advanced
This advanced course will empower you to deliver and measure data-driven social media campaigns. You will learn about the application of 'Big Data' to social media marketing as well as augmented reality apps like Blippar. The course will also cover current data practices and learn about the importance of the cloud and security for your business.
Everybody recognises the importance of social media for business, but showing a measurable return on financial investment can be tricky. With a focus on measurable data this course will teach you how you can use Google Analytics to see how people find your site and what they do when they get there. This will help you build compelling arguments for stakeholders, budget-holders and clients.
Taught through tutor demos, practical exercises and homework, this course is practical and hands-on. At every stage of the class there will be the opportunity to discuss your current work and share ideas with the group.
You will be given a client brief to work on, in group - working on your ideas and presenting them in the final session.
- Google Analytics: Audience, Behaviour, Goals and Events
- Measuring a campaign's return on investment (ROI)
- Mapping networks
- Presenting Data
- Emergent visual web platforms: Meerkat, Blippar, Periscope & new engagement metrics
- The power of video to drive engagement
- The Cloud
- Data Security: Privacy laws and best practice
- Client Brief and group work
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a campaign using Google Analytics
- Discover how people find your site and how they interact with it
- Present a compelling argument for investment in social media in marketing budgets
- Select the most appropriate emergent social media channels for your business
- Understand the relationship between Big Data and social media marketing
- Recognise the importance of the cloud and data security
Who Should Attend
This course is for social media / community managers, campaigners, PRs, journalists, digital marketers and start-up entrepreneurs who already use social media for business and want to integrate data and analytics into their campaigns.
Advanced: You should already be using social media marketing for work or have taken Social Media Marketing at LCC. You should have log-ins for a couple of social media accounts and a Google Analytics account.
We also offer bespoke social media analytics courses and advanced social media courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
Lynsey Fox is a journalist and pr and communications specialist with 10 years’ experience spanning fashion, retail, consumer, higher education, broadcast and print and online media. Currently Communications and Media Relations Manager at London College of Fashion, UAL, Lynsey has worked with international brands such as BskyB, Marks & Spencer, Nike, Daily Mirror and T-Mobile. Lynsey’s main areas of focus include creating varied and engaging content for multiple stakeholders, competitor and marketing understanding and campaign impact analysis. In addition Lynsey hosts workshops and lectures helping start up designers create digital brand presence.