Social Media and Analytics: Advanced (Online Short Course)
This advanced course will empower you to deliver and measure data-driven social media campaigns.
Everybody recognises the importance of social media for business, but showing a measurable return on investment can be tricky. With a focus on measurable data this course will teach you how you can use in-platform social media analytics and Google Analytics to see how people find your content and how they interact with you. You will also look at ways of responding to analytics in real time, adapting your campaign for maximum impact.
This course will help you build compelling arguments for stakeholders, budget-holders and clients.
The course is taught through tutor demos and practical exercises. At every stage of the class there will be the opportunity to discuss your current work and share ideas with the group.
- Building an understanding of your audience through data
- Responding to analytics - how do you adapt your campaign in real time
- Google Analytics: Acquisition, Behaviour, Conversion
- Social media analytics - in-platform analytics alongside third party social media management platforms
- Measuring a campaign's return on investment (ROI)
- Presenting Data
The main channels covered:
- Google Analytics
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a campaign using Google Analytics
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a campaign using social media analytics
- Discover how people find your site and pages and how they interact with you
- Present a compelling argument for investment in social media in marketing budgets
- Select the most appropriate social media channels for your business
- Understand the relationship between data and social media marketing
- Tailor your campaigns based on real time data
Who Should Attend
This course is for social media / community managers, campaigners, PRs, journalists, digital marketers and start-up entrepreneurs who already use social media for business and want to integrate data and analytics into their campaigns.
Advanced: You should already be using social media marketing for work or have taken Social Media Marketing at LCC. You should have log-ins for a couple of social media accounts and a Google Analytics account.
Online Delivery - if this course is taught online, it will be delivered in 2 parts
- 10am – 12.30pm
- 2.30pm – 5pm
We also offer bespoke social media analytics courses and advanced social media courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
Online short courses
Did you know we offer a similar course online? UAL online short courses are designed to help creative people master new challenges, develop their skills, get inspired by new ideas and access the UAL learning experience without having to travel to a campus for class.
Lynsey Fox is a journalist and pr and communications specialist with 10 years’ experience spanning fashion, retail, consumer, higher education, broadcast and print and online media. Currently Communications and Media Relations Manager at London College of Fashion, UAL, Lynsey has worked with international brands such as BskyB, Marks & Spencer, Nike, Daily Mirror and T-Mobile. Lynsey’s main areas of focus include creating varied and engaging content for multiple stakeholders, competitor and marketing understanding and campaign impact analysis. In addition Lynsey hosts workshops and lectures helping start up designers create digital brand presence.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.