Graphic Design for Social Media
Are you a social media manager looking for an easy way to create beautiful text and photo images?Immerse yourself in this one-day graphic design short course and learn the tips and tricks to take creative control of your brand.
This Graphic Design for Social Media course will teach you how to use Photoshop to create professional content for social media marketing and digital campaigns onFacebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Get hands on experience of Photoshop interface and workspace, resizing images and photo editing. During the course you will get a chance to plan and organize content, create and curate compelling images to grab your audiences attention. Combing practical demonstrations and exercises, you will learn how to get started in Photoshop and create content effectively using an efficient workflow and following current trends.
- Introduction and overview of social media content
- Planning and organising content
- Photoshop interface and workspace
- Document size, format and colour space
- Resizing images
- Adding adjustments and colour correction
- Making selections
- Layer masks and transparency
- Compositing multiple images together
- Creative colour and filters
- The type tool and type hierarchy
- Vector shapes
- Adding metadata to images
- Saving, optimising and exporting final images for the web
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Navigate the Photoshop workspace confidently and know how to correctly set up a document for social media content
- Edit and manipulate photos, apply what you have learned about type and type hierarchy
- Create a composite content from more than one image
- Plan, create and deliver effective social media content to the right standards for web delivery
Who Should Attend
This is course is aimed at communications, marketing professionals and social media officers - anyone creating content for social media and marketing outputs. You may work at a large blue-chip company in a big team or be a sole trader with a passion.
Beginners. You should understand how Social Media works but you do not need any experience of using Photoshop.
We can offer this course to a groups or business. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
Marco Eastwood is a Digital Technician and software trainer at LCC. He completed a BA in Music Technology and Digital Media in 2009 and has since been active in the industry as a sound engineer, videographer and tutor.
Marco has several years experience of teaching media and technical related subjects for government-funded projects, for schools and companies such as Point Blank, Rolling Sound, Petchey Academy; and is ACE accredited by Adobe.
In 2009, he ran a workshop for an Israeli charity called Windows: Channels for Communication . It brought together young Palestinians and Israelis into a dialogue of understanding through music and video production.
Marco runs regular workshops on video and motion graphics for students at LCC and has recently started a video production company focusing on events and corporate videos.