Storytelling Techniques for Business Communications (Online Short Course)
Humans communicate by sharing stories. Whether in business, politics, or the media, they all try to get to us by creating narratives we can, often literally, buy into. And it works. We follow those who connect with us through a powerful story.
If you want to communicate with more impact, this course will teach you how to turn messages, facts and figures into compelling narratives in order to engage audiences, influence decision making and behaviour.
Practical, fun and motivational, the course will teach you about narrative structure and the elements of storytelling and how to use them. It will show you how to create a style and tone and other practical skills in creating narratives for business or fun.
You will learn in a small group with personal hands-on guidance and feedback from an expert tutor. The class will meet once a week in our online classroom, for presentations, demonstration, and Q&A. Then you will work on practical assignments during the week, to develop your skills.
During the course you will write narratives for presentations and learn how to use images to guide your chosen audience through your story. No previous writing experience needed but allow some time for homework assignments.
- Finding the plot and a compelling narrative
- Creating an emotional, relatable connection with your audience / customer
- The key elements of a good story
- Creating characters for business communication
- Exploring the Heroes Journey(main character concept.)
- Integrating facts, information and data
- Visual storytelling
- Exploring personal style and tone of voice
- Multi-media vs. death by PowerPoint
- Reading and writing for live delivery
- Adjusting your tone for different audiences
- Experimenting with body postures and rhythms
- Authenticity and how to be a captivating storyteller
- Confidence hacks
- Voice, body language and owning the stage
By the end of the course you will have;
- Manipulate and play with story building blocks in order to create a compelling narrative
- Find or create a powerful theme and plot for the message you want to share
- Emotionally engage an audience, whether they re reading or listening to your message
- Use images and slides creatively to boost rather than undermine your message
- Find your own style and tone of voice and adjust it for different audiences
- Personally deliver/tell your story to an audience in a captivating way
- Boost your confidence in telling a story to an audience
Who is Storytelling Techniques for Business Communications (Online Short Course) for?
This online short course is designed for individuals who want to perfect their business communication skills. Whether you’re designing an investment pitch, annual report, proposal, or business plan, this program will enable you to do your project justice. Great for those working within a team, or for aspiring entrepreneurs who need to communicate important messages effectively.
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Yong is an experienced, successful and intuitive fashion professional with a wealth of experience in retail management, leadership, strategy and executive headhunting in the premium and luxury fashion sector.
Currently a Co-founder of a bespoke headhunting company supporting experienced professionals to integrating into executive, head office and international retail operation positions.Yong’s current recruitment agency has forged long term partners with Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Celine, Loewe, Givenchy, Christian Louboutin, Versace, Michael Kors, Matchesfashion to name a few.
Additionally, Yong is a founder of a bespoke fashion consultancy firm supporting fashion professionals with CV writing, coaching and mentoring.
To fully participate in and to complete the course assignments, please make sure you have the following equipment;
- Notepad and pen
- Pencils, sketchbook or paper, eraser, ruler, etc.
- Software to prepare assignments - Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop, etc.
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need;
- A desktop computer or laptop (tablets and phones can be used but some functionality will be limited)
- An up-to-date version of Google Chrome
- A fast and reliable internet connection - a minimum of 1Mbps is required. You can check your network here - speedtest.net
You can find out more about our live classroom software here - Blackboard Collaborate