Pitching and Presentation Skills (Online Short Course)
If you are setting up a new company, managing a big project, or trying to win more business, you will need to do a lot of pitching and presenting, to different people in many different circumstances.
To get better results, this online short course will help you perfect your pitching and presentation skills, with the guidance of an award-winning business communications specialist.
In this practical, fun and highly motivational course, you will learn how to create a coherent and captivating presentation out of any content and learn how to alter your message when engaging different stakeholders and end-users.
You’ll become familiar with ways to structure your content and deliver it with strong body language and personal presence. You’ll also learn some confidence boosting hacks that will make you feel more comfortable with public speaking.
Each week you will meet for a live online lesson with your tutor and fellow classmates, and during the week you will put what you learned into practice with hands-on assignments. By the end of the course, you will be able to present with much greater confidence and success.
- The Hook and how to find it
- The multiple purposes of a pitch
- Defining audiences: stakeholders and the end user
- Structuring content: the 3 act structure
- The presentation essentials and how to create variation
- Protecting ideas, designs and patents
- Short pitch vs. long presentation
- Presence, authenticity and how to demonstrate it
- Networking: hard-pitch vs. soft pitch
- Adapting to different people and places
- Feedback: how to both seek and manage it
- The balancing act: verbal and visual presentations
- Presenting content using AV
- How to connect with and captivate an audience
- Body Language, eye contact and owning the stage
By the end of the course you will have;
- Identify and articulate the essence of a message from any given content.
- Give the topic you are presenting a compelling narrative.
- Craft exciting, professional pitches and presentations
- Deliver your pitch or presentation in a confident, captivating manner.
- Create an authentic connection with your audience.
- Make alterations to your presentation for different audiences and circumstances.
- Boost your own confidence prior to presenting.
- Project an image of a capable professional individual through the skills you have learnt.
Who is Pitching and Presentation Skills (Online) for?
This online short course is designed for individuals who wish to perfect the skills needed to effectively pitch and present ideas, concepts and business proposals with confidence and charm. The program will be particularly beneficial for those seeking further employment, a new job role, or investment in a business. This course is an opportunity to nurture your public speaking and presentation skills to a professional level, aiding you to own the stage. All levels welcome.
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Yong is an experienced, successful and intuitive fashion professional with a wealth of experience in retail management, leadership, strategy and executive headhunting in the premium and luxury fashion sector.
Currently a Co-founder of a bespoke headhunting company supporting experienced professionals to integrating into executive, head office and international retail operation positions.Yong’s current recruitment agency has forged long term partners with Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Celine, Loewe, Givenchy, Christian Louboutin, Versace, Michael Kors, Matchesfashion to name a few.
Additionally, Yong is a founder of a bespoke fashion consultancy firm supporting fashion professionals with CV writing, coaching and mentoring.
To fully participate in and to complete the course assignments, please make sure you have the following equipment;
- Notepad and pen
- Pencils, sketchbook or paper, eraser, ruler, etc.
- Software to prepare assignments - Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop, etc.
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need;
- A desktop computer or laptop (tablets and phones can be used but some functionality will be limited)
- An up-to-date version of Google Chrome
- A fast and reliable internet connection - a minimum of 1Mbps is required. You can check your network here - speedtest.net
You can find out more about our live classroom software here - Blackboard Collaborate