Investor Relations: Communications Strategies for Stakeholders
An Introduction to Investor Relations short course examines the needs of external corporate stakeholders and develops appropriate communication strategies for each group. During the course you will look at relationships with internal corporate stakeholders from an IR perspective, including the Board, Senior Management, teams like Communications, Strategy, Corporate Finance and Treasury, and employees (who are often also investors due to employee share schemes).
Through a series of lectures and real life case studies you will explore effective communication of financial results and other market announcements. Case studies will include a variety of scenarios and include messaging good and bad news, handling crisis situations and communicating change. The course will also cover regulatory obligations around market communications, including handling price sensitive information and insider trading.
By the end of the course you will gain invaluable knowledge from a highly experienced Investor Relations professional and insights on how to maximise the impact of market communications for your team and organisation.
- Communication strategies for external and internal corporate stakeholders through an investor relations lens
- Regulatory framework relating to market communications
- Buy-side; this would include the various types of investors - long-only, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, wealth managers, and retail investors
- Investment styles: growth, value, income, special situations
- The sell-side; equity analysts, specialist sales and generalists
- Debt investors
- Rating agencies
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand how, why and when companies communicate with their investors
- Develop communication strategies for the investment community in a variety of scenarios
- Understand the regulatory obligations and rules regarding market communications
Who should attend
People looking to work in, or new to, corporate communications, financial public relations, financial journalism or investor relations.
Beginners to intermediate, no pre-reading required.
We also offer bespoke investor relations courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
Lorraine Rees founded IR-connect investor consultancy in 2014. Prior to that she was Director of Investor Relations at both FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies. She has significant City experience, including having been an equity analyst covering banks at the peak of the banking crisis. She has also worked in corporate finance, strategy, corporate and retail banking and originally trained as a chartered accountant.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.