Do you have specialist creative skills and insights which potential clients will pay to access? If so, you have the opportunity to turn your talents into a business which could offer much greater financial reward than a standard pay check, as well as more freedom and control over your life. But to achieve this you will require a new set of skills, in addition to the creative skills your clients are paying for.
You will need to design and position a competitive service offering, win clients, manage cashflow, and build and manage a network of partners and collaborators as you grow. This course is designed to help you make the transition from talented creative to successful freelancer, and is taught by two creatives who have made exactly that transition themselves. Through workshops and tutorials they will share the vital tools, techniques and business skills that will allow you to develop your own viable freelancing business.
The course starts with a 3 day intensive series of workshops delivered at the Central Saint Martins campus in London to develop your concept and initial plans. You will then return home and will be guided through online coaching and tutorials as you continue to develop and refine your plans, conduct market research, and test your value proposition on potential clients. At the end of this process you will present your finished work to your tutors and peers and gain valuable feedback and next steps to take your business forward.
- Marketing and competitor research
- Branding and your creative practice
- Costing, pricing, quoting and managing cashflow
- How to generate and manage leads and enquiries
- How to successfully pitch to clients for their business
- Designing processes which deliver creative value to your client
- Client communication
- Leveraging the freelance community
By the end of the course you will have;
- Identified your target market and researched competitors
- Received feedback on your value proposition and service positioning
- Developed costing and pricing models for your service
- Created marketing and sales materials to communicate your offer
- Learned the key success factors for a profitable freelance enterprise
- Developed your personal network
Who is Creative Freelancer For?
This course is ideal for creatives who have a minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience working in creative roles, or recent graduates with skills that are in great demand. You must be actively exploring opportunities to go freelance and have an initial concept for the services you will offer.
Why Choose a CSM Blended Learning Course?
Our blended learning short courses allow you to use your time efficiently. Access our state of the art and inspiring campus and specialist facilities with short and intense workshop residentials, and then continue to develop your projects at home over longer periods of time, whilst continuing to receive the online support and expertise of CSM tutors. Additionally, all CSM Blended Learning Courses include;
- Presentation and workshop handouts
- Recordings of all online sessions, for review
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Reference materials and content for further study
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- CSM Certificate upon completion
- A4 sketchbook (paperback, not ring bound)
- Variety of pens, pencils and markers
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.