Starting an Interior Design Business Short Course
You will be guided through all the project management steps in detail - including taking a design brief, structuring your design project, sourcing and coordinating suppliers, invoicing, and dealing with insurance and legal issues.
You will learn how to market yourself as an interior designer and manage a design project from beginning to end. We will also discuss approaches to charging for your creative time appropriately.
You'll take part in a number of practical exercises and classroom discussions too and receive advice in relation to the advantages of using social media to promote your interior design business.
You'll have renewed confidence in facing the client as a designer, know how to charge for creative time and manage an interior design project.
Who should attend
Existing or prospective professional interior designers keen to make their businesses successful through marketing and other management techniques. Please note that this course is not suitable for architects.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- Supplying and managing an Interior Design project
- Leadership and marketing
- How to start Project Structure
- Fee proposal and timing
- Meeting reports
- Invoicing and Cash Flow
- Insurance and Banks
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
Notebook and Pen
Meet the Tutor: