Starting an Interior Design Business Online Short Course
Starting an interior design business will provide you with the essential skills to manage your business as a professional interior designer. Gain confidence facing the client as a designer, charging for creative time and managing an interior design project.
You will be guided through all the project management steps in detail - including taking a design brief, structuring your design project, sourcing and coordinating suppliers, invoicing, and dealing with insurance and legal issues.
You will learn how to market yourself as an interior designer and manage a design project from beginning to end. We will also discuss approaches to charging for your creative time appropriately.
You'll take part in a number of practical exercises and classroom discussions too and receive advice in relation to the advantages of using social media to promote your interior design business.
You'll have renewed confidence in facing the client as a designer, know how to charge for creative time and manage an interior design project.
Who should attend
Existing or prospective professional interior designers keen to make their businesses successful through marketing and other management techniques. Please note that this course is not suitable for architects.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Course specific materials
Please source the following materials:
Notebook and Pen
- Supplying and managing an Interior Design project
- Leadership and marketing
- How to start Project Structure
- Fee proposal and timing
- Meeting reports
- Invoicing and Cash Flow
- Insurance and Banks
Meet the Tutor:
Starting an interior design business will provide you with the essential skills to manage your business as a professional interior designer. Gain confidence facing the client, charging for creative time and managing an interior design project.