Interior Trend Forecasting (Online Short Course)
Interior designers must provide beautiful, unique and on-trend designs for their clients. Doing so requires keeping up-to-date with new and emerging trends, and drawing them into your interior designs, to give your clients the best service. This course will teach you how interior designers source trends, the best places to look, current trends to watch out for, and how to incorporate trends stunning, new interior spaces.
- Identifying trends in Interior Design - how they are established and what are their significance?
- What types of trends are important to design?
- Different factors for new trends. From materials and manufacturing processes, to popular culture and political influences
- How can we make sure we are aware of the trends in design?
- What can you do with trends and how will they be useful for Interior Design
- What does the future hold for trends?
- Where you need to be looking?
- Who / what are the main players / influencers?
By the end of this course you will have;
- Realised the significance of trends and trend research to the successful interior designer
- Established key places to look to spot emerging interior design trends
- Become aware of the key influencers shaping exciting new interior design trends
- Explored how various driving forces are creating and shaping trends
- Researched trends that particularly influence you are your unique design style
- Learnt methods to incorporate trends into your own designs
- Received personal feedback from your tutor on you work and assignments
Who is Interior Designer Trends (Online) for
This course is essential for interior designers looking to enhance their work and reach their potential. To take part you should have some experience of interior design and understanding of the industry.
Please note that courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times click here
View PDF to explore progression: Interior Design: Your Journey [2938kb]
I began my career as a stylist in homeware at Marks & Spencer. I did this alongside a university degree for Interior Design Decoration in which I achieved a First Class Honours Degree. Since then I’ve gone on to win a national award for ‘up and coming Interior Designer’ and work with some of the best interior designers in the industry. I’ve worked on top broadcasting home makeover shows, working alongside people such as Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, Amanda Lamb, Sarah Benny and Celia Sawyer. This would involve designing and styling around 20 houses at any one given time. I also have my own business, Nick Snow Interiors. I design residential and commercial spaces, style for well known magazines such as Living etc and Condé Nast, complete editorial contents for high street shops and dress show homes for large property developers.As I always say, “You shouldn’t just walk into a room, you should feel like you have arrived”.
Online Short Course MaterialsTo take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Webcam A strong internet connection; we recommend using WiFi or ethernet - 2G, 3G or 4G will most likely not be strong enough
- Access to magazines for sourcing research
- Pen and paper for taking notes