User Experience (UX) Design (Online)
Learn how to design delightful user experiences in partnership with designers and communications professionals. This UX design online course is ideal you for you if customers are key to your business and you want to design effectively for them. Learning will be informed by the lean method; you will start by examining users and exploring research techniques, the analysing and integrating user testing at every step of the design, to teach you powerful user experience design skills.
You will learn to sketch web experience working on a live brief, based on existing customer research, and you will also have the opportunity to apply what you have learned to your own projects
This is a practical course to help you design user-centered experiences efficiently, following lean methods. To get the most out of this course you will be expected to complete weekly homework assignments taking a minimum of 1.5 hours a week
- Fundamentals of lean UX design and agile processes
- Choosing the right research techniques for your project
- Core user research techniques
- Ways to do competitor research and site audits
- How to create data walls, personas, user journeys
- The basics of scenarios and story boards
- Interaction design principles
- Sketching (pen & paper) user interfaces
Really enjoyed the classes and was introduced to many new things. An excellent tutor, and lots of supporting docs/info too. Sometimes hard to find all time necessary to complete homework assignments - but I did enjoy them.
Simon - former student
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use a lean user experience process
- Plan your user research, choosing when and how to conduct it
- Analyse and use your research
- Research competitors and audit websites
- Create key design assets such as personas and user journeys
- Know the main use interaction design principles
- Sketch a user interface
Who Should Attend
This is ideal for you if you are a designer who wants to develop expertise in this in-demand area. It is perfect if you work as an account manager, marketer or communications professional who works with UX designers.
Level: Beginner. You should have some basic computer skills but do not need any previous UX experience.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Further details about this course and others offered at LCC can be found here or you can check the Online Short Courses FAQ page for more details about how the courses are delivered
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to put your ideas into practice with Responsive Web Design or get an in-depth introduction with Service Design and Innovation Intensive.
You might also be interested in our classroom course taught at the College: User Experience: Lean Methodology
Eden Lazaness works at University of the Arts London as the Academic Enterprise Digital Lead.
She is responsible for UAL’s e-Commerce section of the website and manage user experience design, search engine optimisation and web development for UAL Short Courses Ltd. and the Language Centre.
In her previous role as the Digital Projects Developer she designed and developed the Online Short Courses eLearning platform.
Eden has a holistic view of the design and build process as she’s got hands on experience with UX design as well as web development. She knows how systems work and the technologies behind them as well as what users want and need.
Alongside her Digital career Eden is a also an artist and curator practicing drawing, video and installation.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or Ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions