User Experience (UX) Design: Lean Methodology
Design user experiences efficiently and collaboratively. This course is for you if you care about your customers and want to learn how to design effectively for themIt isinspired by thelean method and teaches you how to design great user experiences: starting from the users andvarious research techniques, analysing and integrating user testing at every step of the design.
You will learn to sketch web experience working on a live briefbased on existing customer research. You will also have the opportunity to apply what you have learned to your own projects.
It is a practical course to help you design user-centered experiences efficiently, following lean methods. Students are expected to undertake some work outside class (such as research, design or reading) between sessions, and will need to attend all classes to benefit fully from the course.
- Fundamentals of lean UX and agile processes
- User research techniques and how to choose the right ones for your project
- Core user research techniques
- Ways to do competitor research and site audits
- How to create: data walls, personas, user journeys
- The basics of scenarios and story boards
- Interaction design principles
- Sketching (pen & paper) user interfaces
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use a lean user experience process
- Plan your user research, choosing when and how to conduct it
- Analyse and use your research
- Research competitors and audit websites
- Create key design assets such as personas and user journeys
- Know the main use interaction design principles
- Sketch a user interface
Who Should Attend
This is ideal for you if you are a designer who wants to develop expertise in this in-demand area. It is also perfect for you if you work as an account manager, marketer or communications professional who works with UX designers.
Beginner. You should have some basic computer skills but do not need any previous UX experience.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to put your ideas into practice with Responsive Web Design or get an in-depth introduction with Service Design and Innovation Intensive.
Alternative Study Options
We also offer bespoke user experience (UX) design courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page. You might also be interested in our online course taught over the Universities online platform: User Experience (UX) Design (Online).
“This is a highly informative and enjoyable course.” - Matt
“You were amazing throughout. Thank you.” - Malika
“Many thanks for your help and support, I really enjoyed the course. This course has opened a new world to me and I am very pleased with what I learned in so short period of time. It is very challenging to teach people who come from a different area and you did it so well. You have no idea how I feel inspired, with a lots of ideas and projects that I could apply these new skills. Also, with all the extra tools, books and links you provided, I can continue learn and develop it. Many thanks for you wonderful mentoring.” - Vanessa
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.