Responsive Web Design for Mobiles and Tablets
This course provides an inspirational and insightful introduction to HTML5 and CSS3 and their use in a fragmented web environment. Through production based sessions you will cover current challenges and skills for web design for hand-held devices.
Using CSS3 and HTML5 you will design professional web content that is suitable for a range of platforms, from desktops to mobiles.
The course will not rely on software packages such as Adobe Dreamweaver, but instead will use a free text editor like TextWrangler to create web pages that are well structured, look good, and adapt to a range of platforms.
- Introduction to HTML5 and CSS3
- Fundamentals of designing for mobiles
- User interface
- Typography for handheld devices
- Media management
- Principles for structuring a responsive site
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the need for effective code structure
- Produce effective code in HTML5 and CSS3
- Understand web design for multiple devices
- Understand the suitability of media assets in mobile context
- Test code and structure effectively
Who Should Attend
Students, designers and others who are familiar with HTML and CSS looking to strengthen their portfolio and extend their skills.
Intermediate: Some familiarity with web design, HTML, and CSS.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you maybe interested in User Experience Design.
We also offer bespoke HTML and CSS courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.