Design, Media and Screen Portfolio Preparation (16-18 year olds)
If you’re looking for an introduction to principles and processes in design, media and screen, this portfolio preparation course is the one for you.
On this short course you will experiment with traditional methods to create new ideas in design, media and screen. Through research and sketch-noting, you will create a zine around a given subject.
You will test and experiment ways to develop digital solutions such as infographics, vectored posters, MP4 videos as well as stop-motion gifs. All of this will be explored using Adobe CC 2019 apps.
By the end of the course you will produce a body of work that can be used towards a portfolio. It will showcase your thought processes through mind maps, and it will include, a zine, a digital poster, augmented reality video content, gifs, and a video diary of your learning experience, to get you ready for higher education.
- Ideation and lateral thinking, storyboarding, brainstorming, mind mapping
- The art of ‘sketching’ and ‘notation’
- Keeping sketch books
- Zine or photo/image book creation of your own manifesto
- Poster communications
Observational drawing Digital portfolio:
- Adobe CC programs Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro
- Mobile animation various free apps
- Mobile augmented reality creation and implementation
- YouTube channel creation publishing and embedding
- Project and time management
- Augmented Reality Show
- Workflow (content management systems) administration
- Mobile phone with a camera on it and the ability to install free apps into it. ie passwords, login, permission from bill payer to do so
- Note book or sketch book
- Mini drawing kit - your own pens, pencils, felt-tips
VJ Choolun is a creative director, artist, designer, and an Associate Lecturer across a range of courses at London College of Communication. VJ studied at Camberwell College of Arts and the RCA. He is also one of the founding partners of AVMC Studios (est. 1992) and has worked with clients such as, Saatchi and Saatchi, BBC, VSO, Southbank, M & S, Daily Mail, Royal Opera House, Vodafone, and London Fashion Week.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.