Video Editing with Apple Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X is the most popular editing software for professional editors and post-production houses due to its flexibility and creative potential. It breaks free from the restrictions of timeline tracks and incorporates a dynamic editing interface, which allows you to experiment freely while working with speed and precision. It also includes key sound editing and colour grading features from Final Cut Studio, so you can use a single application for all of your post-production.
Through a series of step-by-step practical exercises, group discussions and reference materials you will learn how to create a rough edit, turn out an intro-sequence, edit an interview and build a narrative.
Because the Final Cut Pro X interface is so user-friendly, you will be able to learn advanced techniques like audio track synching, multi-cam editing and motion tracking.
You will receive one-to-one support tailored to your specific interests and feedback on your progress.
By the end of the course you will have edited a short video using audio, text, transitions, stills and video effects. After general introduction, you are invited to bring your own videos and stills to work on your own project, though we can supply example media to work with all the way through.
- Final Cut Pro X overview
- Workflow and media management
- Import Settings
- Short introduction to DLSR cameras and camcorders
- Video formats and technical concerns
- Creating a rough edit
- Adding and modifying effects
- Working with still images
- Working with text
- Audio mixing and working with audio filters
- Multi-screen edit
- Syncing recorded audio to a clip
- Multi-cam editing
- Finishing outputs
- Exporting for master copy, Vimeo, YouTube, DVD or large scale projections
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Confidently navigate and use Final Cut Pro X
- Record footage and sound, edit, colour grade, track, finish and output a polished video project with intro and closing sequences
- Work with text, create basic motion graphics, use effects, still images and sound efficiently and creatively
- Understand output methods appropriate for web, projection, TV and mobile devices
Who Should Attend
Aspiring video artists, filmmakers, photographers and graphic artists
We also offer bespoke writing for blogs courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
Hana Janecková is a co-founder and associate editor of the international new media platform Artycok.tv - focusing on art and culture. She earned an MA in Fine Art from Chelsea College of Art & Design in 2011 and teaches at the undergraduate level at London College of Fashion and University of Brighton.
Hana works mainly with digital media and video producing documentaries, fine art videos, and promotional films for exhibitions, on-line magazines and corporate clients. She won the Gilbert de Bottom Art Prize 2011 and Red Mansion Award 2012. In 2014 Cinema6 selected her for a commission and she produced a documentary ‘Haze and Fog’ profiling Cao Fei, one of China’s most prominent new media artists. She has exhibited internationally with her practice focusing on new media and film.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.