Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve - Colour Grading Online Short Course
Learn to use DaVinci Resolve, the Hollywood-standard programme for colour grading, to enhance and alter your video footage. This course gives you a solid grounding in the use of the software, providing the perfect platform from which to develop towards grading colour for features, documentaries, music videos and more.
With video demand increasing, colour grading is rapidly becoming a highly requested skill and mastering the industry standard programme can make the difference when applying for a job. This involving and hands on course is taught through demonstrations and practical exercises allowing you to become familiar with the user interface.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal if you wish to progress your career within film or television post-production by adding colour grading with DaVinci Resolve to your skills' portfolio. It is also suitable if you are an independent filmmaker who wants to colour grade your own material and take your skills to the next level. You will also find the course useful if you use video for marketing campaigns, crowdfunding or journalism.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Walk-through the software interface with familiarity
- Feel confident in using the node-based workflow
- Analyse contrast and colour balance of video content
- Perform primary and secondary colour grading
- A basic understanding of grading LOG and RAW footage
- Colour grade a round-trip project from Adobe Premiere Pro
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- Projects and Archives
- Importing Media / Interface and Tools
- Analysing Footage / Scopes
- Primary Grading
- Balancing a Scene
- Secondary Grading: Masks and Qualifiers
- Tracking, Animating and Stabilising
- Colour Grading LOG Footage / Creative Looks
- Round-tripping and Da Vinci Resolve Studio features
Meet the Tutor:
Learn DaVinci Resolve, the Hollywood-standard program for colour grading, on this Colour Grading Short Course with Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve at London College of Communication.