Spatial Augmented Reality: Projection Mapping with MadMapper
Spatial augmented reality is used by artists and designers to bring static objects and environments to life. Projecting moving images onto walls and objects, it is a non-invasive creative process that works to create compelling visual experiences for brand product promotion, live events, and narrative environments.
MadMapper is a powerful and widely-used development tool for creating and running projection-mapped installations. You will learn how to use digital projection and software to make captivating, immersive and responsive pieces.
- Projection mapping in the creative arts
- Optical projection theory
- Selecting the right hardware for your project
- A/V equipment safety, precautions and trouble-shooting
- Getting started with MadMapper
- Preparing assets and content for irregular surface projection
- Building a multiple projector installation
- Adding interaction for responsive environments
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand how to design and build a projection-mapped installation
- Confidently configure and deploy A/V hardware
- Use software to prepare and deploy visual media in a mapped environment
Who Should Attend
This course will appeal to interactive artists as well as people working in advertising, branding, marketing, events and pop-up events.
Intermediate. You don't need any experience using MadMapper but you should be confident using software.
Follow On Courses
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.