Spatial Augmented Reality: Projection Mapping with MadMapper
Spatial augmented reality is used by artists and designers to bring static objects and environments to life. Projecting moving images onto walls and objects, it is a non-invasive creative process that works to create compelling visual experiences for brand product promotion, live events, and narrative environments.
MadMapper is a powerful and widely-used development tool for creating and running projection-mapped installations. You will learn how to use digital projection and software to make captivating, immersive and responsive pieces.
- Projection mapping in the creative arts
- Optical projection theory
- Selecting the right hardware for your project
- A/V equipment safety, precautions and trouble-shooting
- Getting started with MadMapper
- Preparing assets and content for irregular surface projection
- Building a multiple projector installation
- Adding interaction for responsive environments
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand how to design and build a projection-mapped installation
- Confidently configure and deploy A/V hardware
- Use software to prepare and deploy visual media in a mapped environment
Who Should Attend
This course will appeal to interactive artists as well as people working in advertising, branding, marketing, events and pop-up events.
Intermediate. You don't need any experience using MadMapper but you should be confident using software.
Follow On Courses
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.