Three Point Lighting for Film and TV
Three point lighting is the standard lighting technique used in video production as it creates dimensions in the image.This two-day course covers various types of lights, their functionality, terminology, and use. This practical hands-on course will teach you the best practice for lighting professional interviews as is commonly seen in most current affairs, factual, and corporate productions. The workshop style teaching will be supplemented with informative and helpful theory and discussion.
- Various lighting units and their operation
- Key Lights
- Back Lights
- Fill lights
- The difference between hard and soft light sources
- How to use and control shadows
- Choosing backgrounds
- Lighting for camera (as opposed to the human eye)
- How to light a someone in a flattering way that will not distract them from being filmed
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand light placement in a video production context
- Understand and use filming terminology
- Understand the creative impact lighting has on an image, and how it can drastically improve visual media
Who Should Attend
Corporate filmmakers, camera operators, film students, and other video professionals and enthusiasts looking to learn how to effectively light their productions.
Beginner/Intermediate: You should have a basic understanding of camera operation.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.