Creating A Short Film
It is said that a short film is your calling card to getting into the film industry. If you are a beginner and have the creativity but lack the opportunities to make use of your skills, this course provides a comprehensive guide on how to create, shoot and complete a short film. You will learn how to gauge where opportunities lie and how best to exploit them for future development.
- You will learn technical and practical methods and how to evolve creative ideas.
- We will be using digital video along with linear and non-linear editing techniques and tools.
- You will discover all you need to make your own short film, from storyboarding, camera craft and lighting to editing and formatting the finished product.
- The course will conclude with an introduction to strategies for getting your work shown and how to distribute your film to television, film festivals and gallery shows.
Find out more at http://creatingashortfilm.blogspot.com
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Abdul Mohammed has over 20 years of experience in the creative industry with a considerable amount in print production and graphic design. He trained as an Industrial Designer followed by an MSc in Architecture and Computation. His early professional experience was in graphic design and film and video. He has been a tutor for Short Courses at Central Saint Martins for a number of years covering a range of subject areas from film and video to creative design. Abdul also works across Central Saint Martins and UAL teaching and developing programs in digital tools for staff, students, Postgraduate level and a number of Undergraduate courses in the School of Graphic and Industrial Design.
Esteban Gitton is a producer/writer/director who won 3 Golden Awards at 2006 Kodak Commercial Award, Best international short fiction Film at Tehran Short Film Festival 2006, Best Visual Effect at Animex Awards 2007, nominated at Cannes 2007. He teaches filmmaking to BA graphic design courses at Central Saint Martins.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- pen and paper to take notes.
In case you want to copy some digital material generated during the course, it is advisable to bring your own personal portable hard drive or a USB memory stick (Formatted for Apple Mac)?
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.