Autodesk 3ds Max: Visual Effects Animation
This course introduces the principles of Visual Effects within a CGI context, focusing on creating a short Visual Effects piece combining a variety of moving image types – Video, 3D Animation and Motion Graphics using Autodesk 3ds Max and Adobe After Effects.
This practical skills-based course includes the study of animation dynamics such as Mass Effects - a rigid body and soft body dynamics system that calculates the collision of moving bodies in your animated scenes.
- Principles of Animation
- 3D Camera Match workflow moving using Adobe After Effects and Autodesk Matchmover
- Compositing moving image and digitally created elements
- 3D Visual Effects Principles including Dynamics systems (cause and effect animation) forces, gravity, wind, drag and particle effects
- Fog, volumetric lighting, other environmental effects
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand typical industry workflow used by visual effects studios
- Understand and apply valuable digital skills to all areas of moving image
Who Should Attend
Filmmakers, graphic designers, animators, and amateurs with an interest in special effects
Beginner/Intermediate: You should be able to demonstrate you some experience with creative digital software such as 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop or video editing
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to continue your education in Autodesk 3ds Max: Character Development and Animation or Autodesk 3ds Max: Lighting and Rendering.
We also offer bespoke Autodesk 3ds Max courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.