Adobe After Effects and Animation - Beginners Online Short Course
Adobe After Effects is one of the principal platforms used in the motion graphics and animation sectors. Used primarily for creating motion graphics and visual effects, countless film and TV opening sequences and trailers were made using this software.
This three day course is designed for people wanting to understand the basic parameters of this industry standard, the program contains a series of engaging tutor demonstrations and practical exercises that give you the chance to apply your learning to live projects.
Who Should Attend?
Aspiring video artists, filmmakers and graphic designers looking to gain an understanding of Adobe After Effects
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the After Effects interface and main concepts
- Work with comps and pre-comps
- Use keyframes to animate an object's main parameters
- Understand and use easing and keyframe interpolation
- Use effects to create animation
- Apply basic animation to text
- Use solids and masks to create animation
- Optimise preferences
- Render and export an After Effects project into different video formats
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- Exploring the interface
- Compositions and settings
- Importing artwork
- Working with layers
- Exploring the timeline
- Creating basic animation
- Keyframes, interpolation and easing
- Applying effects
- Basic Text in After Effects
- Preferences and key settings
- Rendering and exporting
Meet the Tutor:
Adobe After Effects and Animation - Beginners is a three-day short course exploring the fundamentals of motion graphics and animation. Learn how to use this tool to create visual effects for film, TV opening sequence and trailers.