Adobe After Effects and Animation - Beginners Online Short Course
Adobe After Effects is one of the principal platforms used in the motion graphics and animation sectors. Used primarily for creating motion graphics and visual effects, countless film and TV opening sequences and trailers were made using this software.
This three day course is designed for people wanting to understand the basic parameters of this industry standard, the program contains a series of engaging tutor demonstrations and practical exercises that give you the chance to apply your learning to live projects.
Who Should Attend?
Aspiring video artists, filmmakers and graphic designers looking to gain an understanding of Adobe After Effects
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the After Effects interface and main concepts
- Work with comps and pre-comps
- Use keyframes to animate an object's main parameters
- Understand and use easing and keyframe interpolation
- Use effects to create animation
- Apply basic animation to text
- Use solids and masks to create animation
- Optimise preferences
- Render and export an After Effects project into different video formats
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- Exploring the interface
- Compositions and settings
- Importing artwork
- Working with layers
- Exploring the timeline
- Creating basic animation
- Keyframes, interpolation and easing
- Applying effects
- Basic Text in After Effects
- Preferences and key settings
- Rendering and exporting
Meet the Tutor:
Adobe After Effects and Animation - Beginners is a three-day short course exploring the fundamentals of motion graphics and animation. Learn how to use this tool to create visual effects for film, TV opening sequence and trailers.