If you want to create modern, unusual jewellery using contemporary materials this course will guide you through the process. You will undertake several projects to produce a range of pieces that explore different techniques. The course will cover combining precious and non-precious materials, including resin, acrylic, silver and found objects.
Topics covered include:
- working with clear resin
- introducing coloured dyes and embedded objects
- exploration of textures and heat-forming techniques with acrylic
- wire work - constructing three dimensional forms by wrapping, twisting and including objects
- a project using fused silver wire
Who should take this course?
Students with no prior experience of jewellery making, or for those with some experience who would like to take an unexpected look at what is possible.
Entry requirements: None
Level: All levels
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Anastasia Young is a practising jewellery designer and artist, and author of 'The Jewellery Materials Sourcebook' (A & C Black) and 'The Workbench Guide to Jewellery Techniques' (Thames & Hudson). She is a graduate of the Royal College of Art and Central Saint Martins, where she lectures on the BA Jewellery course. You can find out more about Anastasia by visiting her website.
Please bring with you to the first session:
* An apron
* Sensible shoes
* For health and safety reasons, if you have long hair please bring a hair tie with you.