Introduction To Rhino (Online Short Course)
In the world of three dimensional design, Rhinoceros 3D is the key digital tool in any workflow from design to manufacture. If you have a passion for creating and communicating three dimensional objects, this beginners course will teach you how to conceptualize your ideas and how to represent them using a unique 3D modelling tool.
- A workflow that will take you from talking about an idea to quickly realizing it as a 3D model in the Cad environment.
- Core modelling techniques, from using curves and surfaces to using solid objects.
- How to use Rhino and render visuals to professional standards.
- Building objects for rapid prototyping and laser cutting.
Rhino is a friendly and intuitive tool that is easy to learn. Its applications and purposes span the breath of design practices, from product design and architecture through to jewellery and sculpture. Book your place now, and you'll learn some very useful design and communication skills that you can apply to your own practice.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone interested in 3D modelling with a view to creating physical objects.
- Product designers, architects, furniture and jewellery makers, sculptors.
- Rhino can also be used for marketing and presentation purposes.
Entry requirements: Students should have access to a computer and the software to practice outside class time. There is a free trial version of Rhino available in the internet for students to use, for both Macs and PCs. Familiarity with working on computers is needed in order to do this course.
Please note that all courses scheduled to start before 30 June 2020 will take place in an online classroom. Courses starting after this date will be held in our onsite classrooms.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and olderOnline courses are not available to book on the day they start.
Abdul Mohammed has over 20 years of experience in the creative industry with a considerable amount in print production and graphic design. He trained as an Industrial Designer followed by an MSc in Architecture and Computation. His early professional experience was in graphic design and film and video. He has been a tutor for Short Courses at Central Saint Martins for a number of years covering a range of subject areas from film and video to creative design. Abdul also works across Central Saint Martins and UAL teaching and developing programs in digital tools for staff, students, Postgraduate level and a number of Undergraduate courses in the School of Graphic and Industrial Design.
Please bring with you to the first session:
You will also need access to a computer with Rhino software to practice between classes. There are trial versions available in the internet.